Friday, January 29, 2016

My Work Part 1

So how was 2nd week of work?
It was okay, challenging, and lotsa exciting stuffs that I've gone through.

Had a 3 hour long meeting on Tuesday with few other lecturers about their research. My SV was kinda interested so she asked me to join along. For the whole 3 hours there, I was kinda blur with the meeting (coz it involves lotsa numbers and weird stuffs). Well, me and numbers or graphs, etc, please no.lol. We had pizza for lunch, mandarin oranges and also peanuts (like mini CNY celeb dy)
Basically, half a day was gone with de meeting *mindblown*

The next following days was okay, me working on my proposal, and SV checking and giving more ideas.
So much things to learn (i feel not that knowledgeable, but oh well, we can never stop learning right?)
My SV will always tell me, ask me any questions, anytime if you don't understand. 
But I'm that kind of person who doesn't know what to ask.LOLLLL.

Thursday, I showed her the way to IPS coz next week she have to attend the SPSS workshop.
While walking and all, she shared about her faith and all and provides me with lotsa advice.
She said when you go out to work, don't see the monetary value, but go out to gain experience, and said "Seek Ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you"
Yeap, time and time again I've always reminded myself not to store treasure on earth, but to store up treasures in Heaven and to look not on earthly things.

She said if my previous SV was still here, she wouldn't have a chance to meet me. She strongly encourages me to continue my PhD abroad in future after working and gaining 3-4 years of experience. She even told me, who knows you'll be under me again.

I'm always very blessed and thankful to God that I've met Dr HJ. She gives me great advice and is always willing to teach me (even tho I always feel that I'm so noob.lol). She said, put your trust in Him, you never know His plans, coz He has great plans for your life. 

God has placed me there for a reason. It's just the 2nd week of working life, more to come =)


Here's a throwback of what I did last weekend:

 ~dessert crave, so we had Bingsu from Caffe Bene~

~Naom's and me after church in Komugi Cafe~

No comments:

Post a Comment