Friday, June 9, 2017

First experience in a Private School

Like what i've mentioned before, I worked in a private school for 2 months (supposedly 3 months but I needed to complete my final stage of thesis writing and presentation).
Actually, I went for an interview for a secondary school teacher post (had to do mock teaching in front of the principal and a ketua bidang *gulp*) and I kinda did it badly.
I thought i did not get the job coz they took quite late to reply, but few days later, the HR team called me and asked if I want to worked in the primary school instead coz they needed teacher immediately. I said YES! 

Went to school the next day to meet the principal and discussed about what I need to do and etc. Started work one week later.

...fast forward..
End of April was my last day of work.
Well, first 2 weeks in school was a bit crazy huhu coz getting used to many things, I had to teach English for 2 Primary 5 classes and Music to Primary 1 to 6 students. It was quite challenging because I had to teach them recorder (learnt it during my primary school days but don't really remember). Every week I had to think of new songs and how to make the class fun.huhu
Finally, it came to an end, and oh well, it was not so bad after all.

It was Sports Day which was also my last day. Early in the morning when I came to school, the kids flocked me with gifts and they hugged me and begged me not to go.huhu (kids, when you're older, you will know why I have to leave). 

 ~mixture of 5 Orchid and 5 Lily English and Music class~

~picture collage by them~ 


~the kids did this~

 ~the Music class~

~with my 1 Lily kids, Jaron is so cute!~ 

~5 Lily class~ 

~with 5 Orchid class~ 

~during Sports day~ 

~thank you for all the love and messages (idk how to rotate the picture)

Working in a private school isn't that bad after all. One thing I liked is the class size was between 20-25 students unlike public schools, and no paper work in the school.wohoo
But oh well, there's pros and cons working in both sectors. 
Anyways, I had a great experience teaching them, and I think I would wanna teach primary school in future instead of secondary school.huhu
Teacher loves all of you =D

No comments:

Post a Comment