Friday, May 29, 2015

Golden Circle (Visit to Old Folks Home)

On the 29th of March, we had this Golden Circle project where we visited the old folks.
I was the director of this project and WHOAA..haha you have no idea how 'kancheong' I was since like emm last sem? when Connie asked me if I be the director of this event. 

Many questions were playing in my mind, like what if things don't turn out well and so on. I even talked to Clem and Sam about it, because some of them felt that this project could not be carried out due to certain reasons. So, I asked God, to direct me in leading this project. I really needed His help as I really His guidance.

And so.... I approached a few people whom I want them to be part of this project (the committee) and all of them said YES to it! Wow! Amazing! =D. Then I started looking and surveying for the nearest old folks that we could go to and contacted them. Many things happened during that time and even on the day I went to check out the place---thank God for Sheldon who brought me and Olivia to check out the place. And guess what? Hmm *you wont wanna know it*
Good thing I had a back up plan, so, we contacted another old folk's, which is also somewhere nearby and we went straight to check out the place. I know it's kinda rushing coz there's only like 3 more days to the REAL DAY! But really Thank God for everything. Without Him , i really don't know what to do. Thank God also for my team and the people that is always there to support me. 

The day comes, 29th March, we visited Whitedove Retirement Home and the staffs were very friendly. It was my first time to old folks too, and yea, nervous coz I have no idea how I wanna communicate with them. Things were awkward at first LOL but after that, it just flow with it. Really awesome la all these PKV people who joined in this project.


 ~singing activity, we sang Bible school songs with actions and the old folks enjoyed it. They even do the actions together~


 ~lunch time~


 ~bonding session~


 ~some colouring activities~

Talked to them, where some of them shared their stories.
Touching stories, that made me tear.
They missed their kids who are busy working and only have time to visit them once in a while.

~all of us~

It was time to leave but I know all of us are kinda heavy-hearted. We'll definitely gonna miss them. Some of them wanted us to come back and visit them again.
One day... we shall come back and have bonding session with them again.
May God bless all these people and prosper them with good health.
All glory and honour given to Him for helping us out during this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment